Part #1 – Work From Home Business Ideas Series – Product-based Business Ideas you can start from home.
In this video I share a List of 5 products based work from home jobs you can start with little investment.
Today I’m going to be sharing with you a very interesting topic that I get asked quite a lot by my friends and also a few of my relatives. That is how to make money online. I’ve been an online business owner for the past five to six years now and I want to share all the tips and strategies for you to start your own online profitable business and also how to become financially independent.
This video is part of work from home business ideas series so make sure to hit the subscribe button and also the bell icon so you get notified every time I post a new video and it’s all going to be about work from home financial independence and laptop lifestyle. In the first video of the series, I’m going to be sharing with you five product based business ideas that you can start from home, additional ideas and references that you can take tweak, customize it and create something of your own.
And also the number one mistake I see product based business owners make and how you can avoid it.
So who is this for? If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or if you are a stay at home mom or if you’ve been to work but currently not able to, but you still want to make money in order to support your family. If you are a student and you want to make extra cash for savings. And also if you are in a nine to five job and you’re sick and tired of it and you want to build something of your own, then this is for you for every business idea. I’m also going to be sharing with you how you should start the business and how you can take it to the next level along with examples.
1. So the first business idea that I’m going to share is starting your own online clothing boutique. So you don’t need to have a degree for this or an educational background or any specific course for you to start this business. So how do you establish or start your online clothing boutique? Now you need to have a very clear idea of what you are going to sell and to whom you are going to sell. So it can be anything from selling one type of clothing or selling different types of clothing for different people.
For example, you can be selling just one type of clothing that is scarves, but which has different prints on it and which has different varieties of fabric to it as well. So another example is selling your own clothing materials or seasonal garments and also wedding garments as well. Once you have a little to a clear idea of what you want to sell. Next few need to understand how much you have or how much you can invest in that business. Now based on that you need to contact wholesale agents and you need to get the items or materials or the products in bulk, set a profit margin to it and sell it to your customers. And you need to utilize the power of social media in order to gain customers and reach a wider audience.
So how should you take this to the next level? Now the question you need to ask is not how, but when. Now in business you need to set a certain threshold. For example, in three to four months you’ve reached around 502,000 customers and you have enough profit that you can take and reinvest in your business growth. And when you are comfortable with that amount, then you can definitely and should take your business to the next level.
So when you’ve decided with the WHEN, now you need to think about how you can scale it. So it can just be increasing the number of products or the type of products that you’ve been selling from the wholesale agent. Or you can also create your own customized and personalized boutique that caters to your clients. And based on what their preferences are. So based on this, you definitely need to understand your client’s ideas and input and start selling products based on their preferences. So here are a few examples for you to go check it out and they’ve all started with humble beginnings and they’ve reached a large number of audience with the help of social media.
2. The second business idea that I have for you is starting your own pastry shop. Now if you are someone who is sweet tooth, then this is for you. You can start selling your own bakery products, for example, cupcakes or Preds or cakes, cookies, and even macrons. That’s my favorite. Now if you are not that much of a sweet tooth to get also sell something in the savory side. So when should you start scaling? Now when your products are consistently being sold out or out of 30 15 days, your products are in high demand, then you can start thinking of scaling your business and how you can scale your business. You can start including more products or you can go completely customized for your clients. For example, going vegan.
3. Now, the third product business idea I have for you is something very dear to me because that’s how I started my entrepreneurial journey that is selling your craft products. So when I started my business, I sold crochet products to my religious and my friends. So they were all customized, handmade products for babies, for adults, and also home decor items. Now if you are passionate and love art and craft, then you can definitely convert this hobby into a profitable business. Now here are a few ideas that you can use for your business knitting, crochet bag, making, Cod making, and so many more. So if you love or know any of these, you can definitely turn your hobby or passion into a profitable business platform.
So how can you start scaling this business? Now, when I started, as I initially mentioned, I was selling only to my letters and my friends and then when I wanted to scale, I started selling them across States and also internationally via an online platform. Now you can start selling products via Facebook and Instagram and also Etsy to reach international audience. Now, let’s say you do want to add many different skills to your business.
You can stick to one and add different products based on that. For example, I initially started selling only Crochet caps and booties for babies and then I started taking it to the next level by selling Amigurumi ( that is dolls). Then I made crochet bags. I also made crochet home decor products and so many more, so this is also another idea. You can learn additional skills and sell products based on that or use one skill and create more products with that.
4. Now the next product business idea is selling fashion, jewelry and accessories. It can be anything like earrings or necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets and so on. For this business you can either buy products in bulk, set a profit margin and you can sell or you can create customized jewelry with the techniques or tools like quilling yarn and also wires and you can customize this based on the trend or also your customers’ preferences. For example, like colors or the type, the length style, anything that they like.
5. Now the final product based business idea that I have for you is selling stationery products. Now stationary products are in high demand, be it in academic section or also in office section and also for someone who is really organized and even though they have a lot of apps, they still prefer having the old school way that is a pen and a paper. So you can definitely start selling your stationery products like notebooks, pens, leather tags and so on. So one of the best ways to scale in this business is to approach educational institutions and also organizations because they make use of this and also gift their clients customized stationery products so you can customize notebooks, planners, diaries, and also engrave names on leather tags and all depends upon your client’s needs.
Moving onto the next section here, a few additional ideas for your reference. Customized wooden engraved accessories, organic skin care products, customized or personalized gift bundle or boxes and also candle making and essential oils.
Now moving onto the final section of today’s video. So the number one mistake I see most product business owners make and how you can rectify it. Now a customer comes to you, likes a product, gets in touch with you, they send you a message, they ask questions about it, and they purchase a product and once the initial or the payment is completed, you ship the product and then do not forget your customers.
Yes, do not forget your customers no matter what type of business you’re in. Customer service is number one and is a top priority. So once you ship your products, make sure to keep track of all the shipping ideas or the tracking ideas for the products and then to hand it over to your customers. Let’s say you have a lot number of products for a particular day that was shipped and if you don’t have the time to do it yourself, you can assign this task to somebody else or at least spend 10 minutes a day to send your customers an automated message or a pre written or recorded message with just the tracking number updated.
That’s it. If you haven’t been doing this, make sure to implement it in your business right away. And if you’re planning on starting your business, take this as a dip and do not forget to implement it. Remember, a satisfied customer might only say three people, but an unsatisfied customer will say this to 10 people. So keep this in mind and make sure you do the best for your business.
So no matter what you choose, always make sure to follow your dreams and your passion and take the next step towards making it possible for you are passionate about something and you really want to make something for yourself and build a business, then it’s not the time to procrastinate. Get up, get going, work towards your goal and achieve it.